Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I am back in the New Year!!!





Happy New Year to all

Here's me back into the blogging world after a break. It feels different coming back to this login and sitting down to voice my thoughts again. Some of you may have wondered about why the sudden getaway from this arena- Well, hmmm...............................ahhh.....let me just say that i was waiting for 2005 to end and start afresh in 2006 with renewed vigour and enthusiasm to blog.

New Year Resolutions- A Date to Remember

Many of us out there think of New Year resolutions as a means to give up some bad habits and acquire some better ones. The deadline helps us to bear in mind that we made this decision on a special day and must try our best to keep it going throughout the year.
When we talk about resolutions, several folks make personal resolutions about quitting a bad habit or following a diet restriction to lose weight etc. Its only a handful of folks that make selfless resolutions that involve doing something for the community, charity etc other than just for themselves and their families.
Lastly, there are a category of folks out there who don't believe in making a New Year resolution. These are people who think that every day is a new beginning and with some maturity and discipline we can continue to adhere to good practices and not choose a new year day to make a lofty resolution and end up breaking it after a month.
Would be interested to see some of your opinions......................
Once again, Happy New Year and its good to be back to blog again....

8 comments:

Raju said...

Welcome back.. and back with a bang.. I didnt believe in NY resolutions until last year, when I wrote down a few of them and tried to follow..

This year too, the 'deadline' thing is helping me to come up with a few resolutions.. One of them is to adhere to the resolutions.. :-)

mitr_bayarea said...

Raju-

Thanks. Thatz good to know that you have a few resolutions, it shows that you have enthusiasm and good luck to following them.

tt_giant said...

Back with a bang!. LOLed at the pictures..

Welcome!

This time, one of my main resolutions is to avoid conversations pertaining the third person. I hope I can keep it up!. Other resolutions - just to keep doing the crazy stuffs I do.. :-)

lakshmi said...

happy new year to you

mitr_bayarea said...

ttg: hahaha..nalla resolution thaan. Hope it keeps you going..

lakshmi: thanks and welcome!

Balaji said...

welcome back :) And wish you and your family a very happy New Year too...

i always make some resolutions. i feel its a tradition just like crackers for diwali and xmas tree for xmas. but i dont think i've ever managed to keep them till the end of the year :)

Rags said...

Mitr,

Welcome Back.. I feel happy when I see that I am not alone..

Happy New Year to you and your family. Resolutions, only one as I said in my blog..

mitr_bayarea said...

balaji: Thanks! If you think of making resolutions as a tradition, then every year you will have some resolution. Good Luck for trying to keep it going till the year end.

rags: good to see you back.