Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools Day

The first of April is the day we remember what we are the other 364 days of the year.
Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed.- Mark Twain
As most of us know, April 1st is also known as All Fools Day and is a day to beware and watch out for pranks and silly tricks that will make a fool out of you. While growing up and during early school days, we used to play tricks on teachers and amonst ourselves as well. Sometimes, you would end up going to school thinking that your best friend wouldn't be the one to play a prank on you, while precisely that is what would happen.
It has been a long time since I fell for an April fool prank, not that I have a lot of people whom I expect will pull one upon me. But, a small thing happened to me when I walked into my office this morning. As usual, the first thing I did was to turn on my computer and after logging in, I started using my mouse. I noticed that it didn't do anything! After shaking it left and right, it still wouldn't move. Assuming that something had gone wrong with my mouse, I called our office courier/tech assistant guy (a college grad named Daniel who is more than 6 feet tall and has a huge frame and is a popular kid around the office) to do the first line of troubleshooting. When Daniel came over and took a look at my mouse, he flipped it over and there was a small post-it note covering the ball on the bottom with "April Fool Dear HR!" written on it.
Since, I do HR for my department, this was someone's idea of playing an innocent April fool's prank on me- you should have seen the look on my face, as Daniel pointed out. He said that I wasn't the only one, but there were "chosen folks" who were lucky to get their mouses messed up with this morning.
Anyways, Have a Fun April Fools'd Day....watch out for any pranks that your kids or colleagues may throw your way.
APRIL FOOL SMILE:-))
Q: Why are people so tired on April 1st?
A: Because they just finished a 31-day March :-)

6 comments:

Cham said...

I guess u were not prepared or not expected this one at ur office. Reminds my college days :)

Devilish Angel said...

:)

Uma said...

I know how we feel about such pranks, I've been there too. Nice writing. Good one.

Laksh said...

LOL :) Nice idea if I need to play a prank on someone at work. Thanks!

A-kay said...

God - you are so gullible :) Btw, what happened to the comment I posted couple of days back?

UL said...

for the first time in many years i escaped all pranks..whew :)